Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Coming out in Ha Noi

It seems comingout is possible in Vietnam finally. Though, don't be so happy about it  because you can stay alive but probably not socially!

Anyway, the subject of today is the coming out of 41 years man from Hanoi whom published a book of his story with journalists.

My source: NoodlePie 
The original AFP news

I talked a bit about with my bf before that and in his opinion it's absolutely not possible to come out to his family or friends... in fact he so impressed when i told him that finally i did my CO to my family by phone recently (and not much impresssions since that...). 

It's funny because i think i will be possible for him to stay officially single and pratically gay as long as he can cope with social pressure and not say anything about men. As soon as he would come out to his aquaintances he will be socially doom even if they had gessed/kenw it before.


"Asian ways" i guess.

No comments: