Wednesday, April 2, 2008

How to meet a guy (who loves guy) in Hanoi?

It's quite simple:  come back to your country! ;)

In fact, it's not so extreme... depending on what you want.

The first idea (as a tourist) would be to hang around in the tourist district and thanks to utopia-asia you would know that a few years ago you could have a "quickie" in some gloomy toilets. That was a few years ago and I think it's not the idea anymore (the cited toilets have been destroyed).

Result: Forget it!

Second idea: the bars!

Good idea... and cool bars are pretty rare here so it won't take you too much time! Here comes the problem. As Vietnam is quite unfriendly with LGBT people you won't find it easily (and forget your lonely planet). Let's say you found it (sorry I won't tell you the name of the only one I know to protect them from too much advertisement... I am sure police knows but as long as it's not well known they don't care... asian culture). First, you have to arrive at the right time so forget during the week, or you have to be much more lucky than me. Actually I went there a long time ago during the week with a hetero vietnamese friend who had no idea of it and it was like a quiet euro bar. So you are there, it's the week-end, around 10pm, the bar is totally crowded.  Congratulations the hunt can begin!... but people seems to be so hungry ;)

Results: 
  • You want to ***: welcome! 
  • You want to party with some of the "best partying people" : welcome!
  • You want to find the one... good luck! 
Finally, you have the incredible internet world!

That's the way I found my boyfriend (as knows those who pay attention :p). Well, I think it's like any dating website. Depending on what you want you will find easily (fun) or it will take some time. Unlike other dating website (as far as I know) you may find some money boys.. beware!

Result: Welcome to the big supermarket but if you look for a special product you will have to search for it!


No comments: